1. I am so, so, so happy to be home right now. The sun is shining (well, kind of), the birds are chirping, we already went on a scooter ride this morning and I have spent loads of time snuggling the girls. On a less savory note (as I think we all knew I would come home to some kind of nonsense after being away.) at some point in the last week, the freezer stopped working. Either no one noticed, or no one told me because no one else wanted to clean it up any more than I did when I went to blend a smoothie this morning and found rotting meat, melted berries, melted ice cream, thawed greenjuice and soup and every other nauseating thing you can thing of. I had to just close the doors and I guess I will just deal with it tomorrow. Jealous, aren’t you?
2. I wore this shirt yesterday. It says “Love Triumphs All”. (at least I think it does!!) I couldn’t believe me how many people stopped and asked me what it meant, or said “that is lovely” or “isn’t that the truth”. I just thought it was nice that the phrase meant something to all those people.
3. I just couldn’t feel grosser right now. A moth of being away from my kitchen and my exercise routine (which was pretty meager as it was) has left me muffin toppy, bloated, and blechky. Those are all technical terms of course. I am thinking about cleansing this week. Like Kale salad to the max and followed up with a 3 days juice diet perhaps. Is anyone else feeling a little less than lovely lately? I will let you know if I go for it and how it goes. Only the more I think about doing a cleanse, the worse I want to devour everything in sight. For example I just suggested that we go to Mexican food for lunch, because mostly I just want to scarf chips and guacamole. Sigh.
4. Pete and Pia went to a Father Daughter Dance last night and I saw some pictures and footage that were so cute! Pete said at one point “let it go” came on and the entire gym erupted in a couple hundred little girls singing it at the top of their lungs- I wish I had been there to see it. Coco and I went and hung out with my family and enjoyed a jumbo piece of chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting. (please go back and see point #3)
5. This Berry with Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza looks incredible. It reminds me of this sandwich that I posted, but in a pizza- so I know I would love the berries. The little sprinkle of red pepper just makes me swoon.
6. Chai Affogato with Honey Sweetened Coconut Milk Ice Cream sounds like music to my ears, I mean stomach.
7. My kids would absolutely love this Freckled Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade. So would I with a liberal splash of vodka- don’t you think?!
8. If I made this Brown Rice Penne with Lamb and Mint Pesto, Pete would absolutely FREAK OUT. Actually, I probably would too…
9. This Lime Sugared Blackberry with Coconut Pale Ale Pastry Cream Tart is just beautiful. If I am feeling ambitious I will bring it to Easter for dessert.
10.Holy Cow is all I have to say about this Sky High Banana and Homemade Nutella Sandwiches.