This is a flavorful and tender cut of meat, which needs very little help! I like to prepare it very simply, and appreciate the flavors that rise to the surface with the grilling.
Grilled T-bone steak
-4 T-bone steaks, about 12oz each
-4 tsp kosher salt
-Freshly ground black pepper
1) Heat your gas grill to high, and put the top down, letting it get really hot, (about 10 minutes.)
2) Meanwhile sprinkle each steak with a tsp of kosher salt, and generously sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
3) Put the steaks over the very hot grill, and cook until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Then turn the heat to medium, and continue cooking the steaks until they are done to your liking, (turning once to the other side).
4) For Medium rare, it should be about 6-7 minutes, or 8-10 for medium.
5) Take the steaks off of the grill, and let rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes.
6) Cut along the bone for the pieces of steak, and then slice crosswise into strips about 1/2 inch thick. Arrange all of these slices on a platter. To serve, pile the tomato salad over the top of the sliced steak, and garnish with fresh parsley.