On New Years Day my poor husband was super hungover. For whatever reason, all he could think about was oatmeal cookies. I whipped up this easy recipe that afternoon, and we are still snacking on them now. The spice and the butterscotch is a little twist on an easy, basic recipe. Great to make on a rainy afternoon- enjoy!
Giant Oatmeal Spiced-Butterscoth Cookies
-½ lb of butter, softened
-1 ½ cups of brown sugar, firmly packed
-1 tsp of vanilla
-1 ½ cups of AP flour
-1 tsp of baking soda
-2 tsp of cinnamon
-¼ tsp of all-spice
-½ tsp of salt
-3 cups of oats
-1 bag of butterscotch chips
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and prepare 2 cookie sheets with silpats.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and the brown sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs one at a time, and mix until combined.
3) In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, all-spice and salt.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture, and gently mix it in. Add the oats and the butterscotch chips and mix well.
5) Drop the cookies in ¼ cup rounds onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden round. (I like to undercook them a little bit so that they turn out really chewy.)
6) Cool on a wire rack or countertop.
Makes about 2 dozen.