6402295325_1714bf4020

Chocolate, Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

Chocolate, Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

One of my traditional Christmas Season Cookies is this Chocolate, Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti. I have always loved biscotti, and it is a favorite with afternoon coffee in my house.

Not only is this crispy biscotti intense in chocolaty flavor, but it is also studded with delicious and festive green pistachios and red dried cranberries. You get sweet, tart, nutty and rich flavors all in one cookie.

I have also found this to be a really lovely gift. I package it up with a tin of tea and some honey or sugar sticks for a complete package.

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

I also recently made these, for a little virtual cookie swap over at a lovely site called Love, Feast, Table. Please join me over there to see lots of great cookie recipes!

LoveFeast's Holiday Cookie Exchange

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti, makes 18 large cookies
-¾ cup minced dark chocolate (I used 72% cocoa), finely chopped
-1 cup brown sugar
-3 eggs
-2 tsp vanilla
-1 ¾ cups flour
-1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-½ tsp salt
-1 cup raw pistachios
-½ cup dried cranberries

1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Prepare a sheet pan with a sheet of parchment or a silpat.

2) In a small bowl, combine the finely chopped chocolate and the brown sugar.
Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry BiscottiChocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

3) In the bowl of a standing mixer, whip the eggs and vanilla until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.

4) Add the sugar/chocolate mixture and mix on high another 2 minutes.

5) Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

6) Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and combine until you have a wet cookie dough.

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

7) Add the pistachios and the cranberries and gently mix them in.

8) Using a well floured surface (and hands) form a log out of the dough, at the center it should be about 1” thick, and about 4” across.

9) Put the cookie dough on the sheet pan with a silpat or with parchment paper, and bake the biscotti log for 40 minutes.

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

10) Let the log cool slightly, and then transfer the log to a cutting board.

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

11) With a serrated knife, slice the biscotti into ½” thick wide pieces.

12) Lay them on their sides on the same baking sheet.

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

13) Bake them for 15 minutes, and then flip the cookies and bake an additional 15 minutes on the other side.

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

14) Let cool and enjoy!

Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti

Love biscotti! This combination of flavors sounds amazing.

2. Beth says:

These look brilliant!

3. Biscotti makes such a wonderful gift. Great recipe!

4. I made biscotti a couple of years ago and loved it. I’m now inspired to make it again! I love dipping them in coffee, tea or hot cocoa.

5. This sounds so yummy. I love every flavour in here!

Such a great combo of flavors in this biscotti! Hope you had a great weekend :)

7. oooh, some of my favorite flavors together in one of my favorite cookies. well done, heather!

8. Lucy Lean says:

love biscotti dipped in red wine at the end of a meal – to me they are made so much better avec alcohol!

• I have never tried that! But anything dipped in red wine sounds pretty good to me :)

9. jenjenk says:

i love biscotti!! and hello, chocolate biscotti??? Sign me up!!! amazing!!!!!!

10. JenMarie says:

This would be a perfect gift for the receptionists at my work! I was thinking of baked goods, but wanted something different and fun.

I could do one with and one without cocoa and stick the two kinds in a coffee cup or wrap with a cocoa mix.

Do you think I could take the cocoa out without messing up the recipe? Maybe I should google another recipe to add a variation in their baggie.

Either way, looks delicious!

11. TidyMom says:

I love biscotti, but I’ve never made it. This looks like the perfect recipe to start with! and what a great gift idea! Thanks Heather

12. Beautiful flavor combination! I can imagine these would make a great gift :)

13. JenMarie says:

I made these last weekend and put two in a small gift bag to tuck into Christmas giftbags and wrap up with packages. Pretty!

I also made a vanilla variation of it and it worked too. Great recipe!

14. Christy says:

Made this tonight. Delicious! Forgot to add the dark cocoa powder so I sifted it over one side and It worked well.

15. Christy says:

If making for hostess gifts and you want to package, would you layer in a tall glass jar? How do you separate ingredients? I love the sound of these! Thank-you.

• Christy- How funny. I seriously used THIS RECIPE!!! as my example in how to do just such a thing in my edible gifts post! Have fun!

16. Christy says:

To clarify…to give the ingredients as a gift; not already baked.