Ok- nobody be mad. But I might have to start sprinkling some slightly less healthy recipes in.
I have been detoxing hard core. My jeans sort of fit again. But let me tell you- I’m just not built for dieting, and I am HUNGRY.
Anyone else? no?
So here are some cookies that are riding the line between healthy and a little less healthy.
Mmmmm! But they are worth it!
Cozy and sweet and yummy. These are quintessential old fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
Perfect on a rainy afternoon. Or for breakfast. (because it’s oatmeal, right?)
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, makes 2 dozen cookies
-1 cup butter
-1 ½ cups white sugar
-1 tsp maple extract
-1 ½ cups AP flour
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp baking soda
-½ tsp salt
-3 cups oats
-1 cup raisins
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare the sheet pans with silpats and parchment.
2) In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy.
3) Add the eggs and the maple extract and beat until fluffy.
4) In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and combine partially.
6) Then add the oats and the raisins to the mixer.
7) Combine until you have a thick batter.
8) Scoop the batter onto the cookie sheets (they spread).
9) Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
10) Place the cookies on a rack to cool. Enjoy!