I cannot express to you enough how delicious this dip is.
I was blessed with my mother-in-law being over to cook last week. When she left, I had extra feta in the fridge and a whole host of fresh herbs. I was trying to think about what I could make with all of these Greek inspired flavors, when this creamy, salty, zesty dip popped into my brain.
The flavors in this Feta cheese Dip are bright and strong and wildly delicious.
I love to use this as a dip, a spread or by the spoonful. Just kidding- I am not that out of control
Feta Cheese Dip, makes 2 cups
¾ pound Feta cheese, broken into pieces
2 green onions, chopped
1 fresh red chili, stem removed, chopped
2 Tbs dill
2 Tbs oregano
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1) In the bowl of a food processor, combine the feta, green onion, chili and herbs.
2) Pulse until the cheese is well combined.
3) Add the olive oil and lemon juice and puree until smooth.
4) Transfer the dip to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
5) Serve with crostini or pita bread.