These are simple and delicious. Just the way I like it!
You can eat these just as a little salad, or as the perfect crunchy, sweet, salty and spicy addition to a sandwich, like the Asian Salmon Burger that I am posting tomorrow…
You should be excited about that burger. But in the mean time, start thinking about these spicy pickled cucumbers.
Spicy Pickled Cucumbers, makes 2 cups
-1 large English cucumber
-1 cup rice wine vinegar
-¼ cup sugar
-2 tsp kosher salt
-¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1) Thinly slice the cucumber, and set aside.
2) Warm the rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. When you have brought it to a simmer, whisk well to make sure that the sugar and salt have disintegrated.
3) Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool completely.
4) When the liquid is cool add the cucumber slices.
5) Refrigerate until ready to serve.