Please don’t misunderstand. This is hot, sweet and spicy cinnamon flavored liquor. It burns. Its also sweet and if you love things like red-hots and gummy cinnamon bears- this might just be the drink for you.
I infused red-hots into vodka, because of the all Valentines Day Puns I could derive from “RED HOT.” You know? Right?
But I realized after I took these pictures that I should have served this in shot glasses.
Cool? Did you know that you can do this with any candy and Vodka? You can.
Ok- short and sweet today. Have a hot and spicy day filled with love ☺
Recipe: Vodka Red Hot Shots
- -1/3 cup red hot candies
- -½ cup vodka
- -¼ cup simple syrup
- -Simple Syrup:
- -1 cup sugar
- -1 cup water
- -For the Sugar Rim:
- -Lemon wedge
- For the Sugar Rim
- 1. For the sugar rims, squeeze the lemon juice onto the rim of the shot glasses and dip them in sprinkles.
- For the Simple Syrup:
- 2. Boil the sugar and the water for 2 minutes until the sugar has melted and the mixture has just slightly thickened. Set aside.
- For the Cocktails:
- 3. In a glass, add the red-hot candies and the vodka.
- 4. Let the vodka and candy sit for at least an hour.
- 5. Add to a martini shaker full of ice cubes along with ¼ cup of simple syrup. Shake well and pour into shot glasses.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2