I just had to. One last Guinness recipe for your Saint Patties Day Festivities!
This one is a rich and tasty spin on classic Chicken and Vegetable Soup.
Please, oh please, make this and eat it with lots of Guinness Cheddar Biscuits, because that would just be the right thing to do…
-Coco is doing well. Thank you for all of the well wishes. After a VERY long day and rough post-op, she is wearing a pink nightgown, sparkle headband and pink puppy slippers and has had approximately 1, 876 popsicles. Plus she can watch NON-stop TV and no one will call her a “bubble head”. I mean, minus the fact that they actually operated on her throat, it is pretty much her ideal situation.
-“Rescue my Renovation” had another great night, and I am very grateful for all of your support. I hope you guys are enjoying the makeovers!! Stay tuned for more of my makeover magic each Wednesday night on DIY!
Recipe: Guinness, Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- -2 tablespoons butter
- -1 yellow onion, diced
- -2 cups carrots, diced
- -2 cups celery, diced
- -2 cups celery root, diced
- -1 pound chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- -16 ounces Stout, Guinness or dark beer
- -6 cups chicken stock
- -2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- -kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. In a large pot, melt the butter and add the vegetables. Sweat them until soft over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the chicken breast, cut into small pieces and stir to combine.
- 3. Add the beer and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- 4. Add the chicken stock and the fresh thyme and put a lid on the soup. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and serve hot!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8