In the last few days of warm and hot weather, I am still craving cold drinks. It is strangely muggy here in Seattle where it is hot and cloudy and a little rainy. I pretty much am just sweating all day. I know. I’m so gross.
So for this “Thirsty Thursday” I told my brilliant mixologist sister-in-law Natalie that I wanted to make an alcholic tea cocktail. Is that a weird request? I think it probably is, but Natalie was unphased and helped me to make these. It is filled with subtle green tea, citrus and refreshing mint that really just compliment the gin, but let it be the star of the show.
I feel like this is an unusual and elegant drink (that is refreshing and citrusy- not sweet!) for Gin lovers- I hope that you enjoy it!
Recipe: Iced Citrus and Gin Green Tea
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemons juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 limes juice)
- 4 ounces gin
- in a heat proof mug add the two tea bags and the cup of boiling water. Let the tea bags seep for 10 minutes. Dispose of the tea bags and let the tea cool.
- Fill two glasses completely with ice cubes. Divide the fresh mint, Gin, fresh lemon juice and fresh lime juice to the two glasses.
- Fill the drinks the rest of the way with the green tea.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2