I have to post these today just in case you are a sweet and sappy lady like I am and feel like starting tomorrow (Valentines day- as if you could forget!) with some sweet and sticky breakfast love!
These are rich and indulgent and over the top in every way. Thin, tangy (from the buttermilk) and chocolaty with only a touch of sweetness on their own, these are most exciting when pared with a slather of nutella and a sprinkling of hazelnuts.
The Nutella flavors of chocolate and hazelnut are not only classic, but absolutely spot on amazing. And they compliment these pancakes in just the right way.
They seem to be the height of decadent breakfasts and if you are a chocolate lover, or even better: a nutella freak (I know you are out there) then these are for you….
Recipe: Chocolate Hazelnut Pancakes
- -¾ cup flour
- -½ cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- -3 Tablespoons sugar
- -1 tsp baking soda
- -½ tsp salt
- -1 egg
- -2 Tbs butter melted
- -1 ½ cups buttermilk
- -4 Tablespoons nutella
- -1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, butter and milk and beat together until well combined.
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle, grease it with a little butter or vegetable oil.
- Spoon the batter onto the hot pan, and let it cook until there are little bubbles on the pancake.
- Flip and finish cooking, then pile in a plate.
- Serve pancakes with a tablespoon of nutella and 2 tablespoons of chopped hazelnuts as well as powdered sugar and honey or syrup.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4