1. Los Angeles. I swooped the girls off to Los Angeles yesterday and we are staying through the weekend. The irony that we thought we would be soaking up some vitamin D is thick since we brought the rain and gloom to LA (sorry guys!!). Pete will join us later in the weekend, but it starts with GIRL TIME. My older brother lives here too, so it was so nice that we get to see and visit with him. (Check out his supercool girlfriends Easter Manicure) I also get to see some of my blogging sisters Catherine and Gaby, and some of our close friends who also live down here. (please follow along on instagram for all of our fun!!) Also, shopping is on the agenda. Pia wears a uniform every day to school, so the truth is, I don’t think about her clothes much. Well, when I went to pack her just a few outfits for the weekend, I found that my baby has grown! Every one of her shirts were pretty much crop tops with elbow sleeves, same with the sweaters and cardigans that were fine in the fall. We are down to one pair of jeans. It was very rag-a-muffin (as my mom would say), so it is time for some clothes that fit.
2. I posted these Brown Butter Nutella Banana Fried Croissant Sandwiches yesterday, but I was flying (and the internet wasn’t working- GASP and HORROR!!!) so I didn’t even really spread it around. It’s the most ridiculous thing I have made in a while and was amused at all of the expletives it earned on instagram. It made me chuckle.
3. So, I officially realized that I will be home for 2 days in the next month. I am not sure if that is SO exciting, or SO horrifying. I am traveling non stop for work after this weekend. The nice part is that the kids will get to join me for part of it and when they are not with me, they are with Pete or my mom. We are making it work and they have a really great attitude about it. But lets just talk logistics alone on all that packing!? My brain works in lists, and there are some serious lists going on. By the way- I know I don’t often share exactly what I am doing on these “work trips”(It’s only because I don’t like to jinx anything!) but I will try to share a little as I go along because there are so many exciting things in the works ☺
4. Coco stepped on my laptop on Wednesday night and cracked the glass on the screen. 2 years ago she dumped 16 ounces of ice water into my last laptop. She is really racking them up at this point. Right now I am using it with the big crack in it (shades of cracked I-phones) but I know that a new one is going to have to happen any day now. Big Bummer.
5. The Gouda Life is my new Blogging Girl Crush. I just think that recipes are so sophisticated and the photography is STUNNING. One of her recipe’s is below.
Here are some of my favorites from around the web this week:
6. Montreal Style Bagels from The Gouda Life. I can literally just imagine these slathered in cream cheese and lox. In my mouth.
7. Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches from Bakers Royale. She did snickerdoodles and mocha ice cream- basically it tastes like Mexican coffee in an ice cream sandwich. Whoa….
8. Easy Homemade Glazed Doughnut Holes from Just a Taste. Come ON!!! I need these. Like a bathtub full of them!
9. Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Carbonara. With bacon, cheese and butter. I would eat a whole pot of this- for me it is the epitome of comfort food.
10. Spicy Siracha Chicken Quinoa Bowl from Family Fresh Cooking. This is healthy done delicious.