This post is going live as I am simultaneously, no-doubt losing my mind at the Beyonce Jay-Z concert. I am wearing a jumpsuit that is probably a solid 7 years to young for me and have way too much eye makeup on- but I guess that is just what this old married mom does when its BEYONCE.
And while prefunking for this fantabulous concert, I was sure to make a round (or three) of amazing cocktails. This was one of them. Roasted Cherry Bourbon Smash. Um, yes.
I am obsessed with cherries normally, and can literally sit down and eat a 2 pound bag of them. It’s not pretty. So I have been not only eating them raw, but cooking with them a ton lately too. I have a bright and cheerful cherry drink coming soon, but first I wanted to share this incredibly deep flavored, rich and delicious cocktail.
It is so smooth and then you get a cherry-caramel flavor from roasting the cherries. With the tiniest hint of spice from the pinch of cinnamon, the whole drink transforms into something really unique and beautiful. This will definitely shake up your cocktail routine and convince all of your friends that you are a true mixologist! Cheers!
Recipe: Roasted Cherry Bourbon Smash
- ½ cup bing cherries
- 4 ounces bourbon (I used Makers Mark)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of cinnamon
- chilled seltzer water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pit the cherries and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Roast them for 10 minutes.
- Let the cherries cool and then divide them between two cocktail glasses. Divide the sugar and lemon juice between each glass and then the pinch of cinnamon.
- Smash the cherries with a muddler until you have a pulp.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour the bourbon over the ice and then top with chilled seltzer water. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2