This weekend was long and filled with too much work. But it was nice to have it capped off with a big family dinner. Everyone has been so busy and traveling this summer, so they have been more rare than usual. But Sunday night we all gathered and made a huge fresh and healthy meal. I actually made a bunch of recipes that have been on the blog lately. This salmon, these zucchini noodles and this crumble all made the menu.
I feel like I am scrambling to share all of the tons of recipes that I have been making lately. The produce is SO out of control amazing right now! The stone fruit, the tomatoes, the eggplants, the zucchini and the CORN!!!!
We have been eating these and this and this and this and then I just made this Sweet Corn with Mint Pumpkin Seed Pesto and OMGEEEE. It is so good. I can’t believe how the flavors and textures were like the most perfect combination.
Sweet juicy corn sauteed and mixed with a Mint Pumpkin Seed Pesto makes the most perfect side dish to roasted fish or chicken or ribs, or pretty much any Summer BBQ food.
Recipe: Sweet Corn with Mint Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mint
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- 4 large ears of corn, cut off of the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the onion, mint, pumpkin seeds, olive oil and vinegar. Pulse everything until it is a slightly chunky and well combined pesto. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the corn. Saute for about 1-2 minutes until the corn is just lightly cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and add the pesto, stirring well until its all combined. Season with kosher salt to taste.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4