Greetings from the couch! I am still hanging out here in the sun lit family room at my moms. My foot is up, and I am just finishing up about 12 hours of Sex and the City Marathon, and gearing up for Fashion Police tonight. Basically I am a bubble head.
But I did bake a little cake on my scooter today- which was a highlight! And I got lots of work done, including finding these delicious pictures of these juicy delectable pork chops!
I thought that you might want to dig into these this Labor Day Weekend if you were firing up your grill? They are made incredible by the Spicy Peach Chutney which is out of this world. Sweet ripe peaches, onions and chili make for an incredible sweet, savory, spicy and sour chutney that makes the perfect pairing with the pork. Enjoy!
Recipe: Grilled Thick Cut Pork Chops with Spicy Peach Chutney
- 2 thick cut pork chops, bone in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 1 red chili, minced
- 1 ripe peach, small diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat the grill to high.
- While the grill is heating up, rub them with olive oil and sprinkle the pork chops generously with kosher salt.
- Cook the pork chops for 4 minutes on each side and then either turn the grill to low or move the pork chops to the cool part of the grill and let them cook another few minutes until the internal temperature is about 135-140 degrees. Then let the pork chops rest for about 10 minutes .
- While the pork chops are resting, make the spicy peach chutney.
- In a pan, add the olive oil and the onions and cook over medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the chili and the peach and cook until the juices are running, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the chutney with the sugar and add the vinegar.
- Cook another minute or two, stirring gently until the liquid cooks off. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Spoon the chutney over the grilled pork chops and serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2