I love this recipe. Grilled clams are light and fresh and terribly easy. I think it is wonderful when you are getting ready to grill your entrée, you can just throw these clams on the grill. They are done in 5 minutes with no mess!
I topped them with a fantastic Tomatillo Bacon Salsa which I made earlier in the day. The whole recipe is bright, spicy and flavorful and again, SO EASY!! Enjoy!
Grilled Clams, serves 8 as an appetizer
-2 lbs clams
-Tomatillo Bacon Salsa
1) Preheat a grill to high.
2) Rinse and drain the clams.
3) On the hot grill, place a sheet of tin foil, and then place the clams on the tin foil.
4) I then curl the sides of the foil up around the edges of the clams, to try to contain the heat and the juice.
5) It took about 5 minutes, and Justas I was beginning to worry, POP! Open sesame, the clams opened all of the way.
6) Remove the clams immediately after their shell has popped, and try to contain any of the remaining liquid inside the shell of the grilled clam.
7) Place on a platter.
8) Spoon a small bit of the Tomatillo Bacon Salsa over the top of the clams, and extra salsa on the side.
9) To eat, simply pick one up by the empty half of the shell, and use it as your spoon to slurp the clam and the salsa out of the shell.