Chocolate Dipped Dried Fruit
-6 oz of dark (70% cocoa) chocolate
-6 oz milk chocolate
-6 oz white chocolate
-5 lbs assorted dried fruits: Turkish apricots, dried nectarines and white peaches, mango, and papaya.
1) First prepare the work surface by covering a stretch of counter top or sheet pans with parchment or wax paper.
2) Using dark, milk, and white chocolate, chop each of them and place them in their own, separate glass or stainless steel bowls.
3) Melt each of the chocolates carefully, and stir often. This is best done in glass bowls melted in the microwave, or in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
4) When the chocolate is completely melted, immediately remove from the heat and begin dipping the dried fruits. When the fruits are dipped, carefully set them on the parchment paper and leave them to set up before you move them. This can take several hours.
5) I like to dip the fruit only half way, so that you can still see the beautiful color and texture of the dried fruit. It is also fun to drizzle the already dipped fruit with a contrasting colored chocolate.
6) Do this by dipping a long tined fork or spoon in the very warm chocolate and quickly drizzle it over the fruit that already has one coat of set chocolate.
7) When the chocolate has set up, arrange on a platter, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.