cup

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

Cookies n’ Cream Cupcakes

Somewhere along the lines, I am sure that I told you about how I didn’t have my first Oreo until college. Insane, right? I have seen a bunch of posts for Oreo stuffed cookies lately, and it got me thinking about that funny little chocolate, cream filled cookie. And then it got me thinking about Cookies n’ Cream ice cream- (my favorite way to enjoy an Oreo)- and then it got me thinking to how I could turn that into some form of a baked good, (that is where all things eventually lead to in my mind.)

So here comes the cookies n’ cream cupcake. A milk chocolate cupcake with an Oreo baked into the bottom, and a vanilla buttercream filled with Oreo crumbs. Lets just say that all of the kids who sampled them (my own and my nieces and nephews) approved – and my two daughters just scored their own first taste of an Oreo!

Cookies n’ Cream Cupcakes. makes 1 dozen

12 Oreo cookies (plus more for snacking!)

Milk Chocolate Cupcakes
½ cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.

Twist 12 Oreo cookies in half, placing the side with the icing on the bottom of the paper liners.

Set the tops of the Oreos aside in a bowl.

Cream together the butter and sugar.

Add the eggs and beat to combine.

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.

Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and combine.

Add the milk and whip the batter until smooth.

Spoon the batter into the paper liners with the Oreo in the bottom.

Bake 20 minutes or until just baked through.

Let the cupcakes cool on a rack until completely cool before frosting.

Cookies and Cream Frosting
½ cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup plus 2 Tbs milk
2 tsp vanilla
12 oreo cookie half crumbs (food processor)

In a food processor, grind the chocolate cookies to crumbs. Set aside.

In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and the powdered sugar. Add the milk and the vanilla and beat until fluffy.

Add the cookie crumbs and just beat to combine.

Frost the cupcakes.

Enjoy!

1. Those look so incredibly wonderful.

2. Casey says:

I just have to say YUMMMMMMMMMMM. My son and I will be making these very soon. Thanks for the great idea :)

3. jenna laughs says:

Oh my goodness! You have my mouth totally watering. Cookies and cream is my favorite ice cream by far – turn that into a cupcake and it’s like some kind of dream :)

4. I need that icing in my life. Right now. Amazing!!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xx
    Delightful Bitefuls

5. Beautiful cupcakes! Ingenious idea too!

6. mandy says:

Those look amazing! I am definitely saving this recipe!

7. Suzanne says:

heavenly!! great tutorial too! putting this on the list of have to try!!

8. sweet road says:

These look great! And I love the cookie at the bottom, nice touch!

9. Eva says:

YUM! I cant wait to bake some myself( :

10. Aarti Garde says:

Wow. These look gorgeous. I shall try them out today for my guests!

11. Hilary says:

Omg,those sound amazing!!!Once I get the ingredients I am definitely going to have to try those…Actually they would be perfect for my boyfriends birthday party this weekend…Thank you for the recipe!!!

12. Mary Beth says:

Wow! This is another one that I’ll definitely have to try out. My husband loves oreos so these will make him happy too.

13. Megan Smrtic says:

These look absolutely delicious! I am definitely making this recipe very soon!

14. NJL says:

I wanted to give a special mention to the chocolate cupcake recipe used, it is the absolute best I have ever tasted!
    Perfect dome, perfect homemade cracks on the dome, and perfect texture. Add the oreos and it’s heaven in every bite!

• OMG!!!! thank you so much! That makes me very happy :)

15. Colleen says:

These look AMAZING. I wanted to do something football/Patriot themed for my Superbowl party this weekend, but my mom and hubs are such oreo fanatics, I may have to do these instead… maybe I’ll just stick a little Patriots pennant in the top for decoration. Do you suggest regular oreos or doublestuf?
    Also, you didn’t have an oreo until college, your parents seriously deprived you.

16. Laura B says:

Heather, to get your double liners to not fan out so much – do you back the cupcakes with both liners in the pan? I like using two liners, especially if I have a pretty outer liner I want to show up, but the otuside one always fans out so much!
    Thanks and these look amazing!!!

17. Danielle says:

Um, AMAZING. They were just absolutely scrumptiously delicious! We had them for my son’s 3rd birthday party, and they were DEVOURED. One thing, I did find it difficult to cream that much powdered sugar with that little butter for the frosting. I ended up putting more butter in. Just fantastic though! My other son’s first birthday is this weekend, and I’m trying to figure out a cupcake recipe that could top this one, but I’m not sure if I will find one! Any ideas? xx