dip

Baked Cauliflower Dip

Baked Cauliflower Dip
baked cauliflower dip

Alright folks, tailgating season is officially here!

By popular demand, there will be all kinds of tailgating recipes sneaking there way in over the next couple months. The most requested types of recipes so far have been for “dips” but please feel free to leave a comment about what you would like some help with, and I would be happy to try and rustle something up for you.

This particular dip is a hot, baked cauliflower dip. It is inspired by a classic hot artichoke dip, but, um, *slightly* healthier, and without my nemesis (mayo).

baked cauliflower dip

The boiled cauliflower has a creamy texture all on it’s own, but the addition of cream cheese, Monterey jack and a bit of goat cheese makes for an incredibly flavorful, smooth and rich dip. Does the fiber count make it healthy?!

baked cauliflower dip

It’s great with fresh cut veggies or crackers, and blessedly can be made the day before hand and baked until got and bubbly right before serving. However if you have to bake and then transfer to a game- don’t worry, it also tastes great at room temperature.

Baked Cauliflower Dip, makes about 5 cups
-1 head of cauliflower, (about 4-5 cups) cut into small pieces
-2 cloves raw garlic, peeled
-8 oz cream cheese
-8 oz Monterey jack cheese, shredded
-2 oz goat cheese
-½ tsp cayenne pepper

1)Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2)Bring a salted pot of water to a boil.

3)Boil the cauliflower for about 2-3 minutes, or until just fork tender.

4)Drain the cauliflower.

baked cauliflower dip

5)In the bowl of a food processor, add the cauliflower and the garlic.

baked cauliflower dip

6)Add the cream cheese and pulse.

baked cauliflower dip

7)Add the Monterey jack cheese and pulse.

baked cauliflower dip

8)When the dip is pretty smooth, add the goat cheese.

baked cauliflower dip

9)When the dip is very smooth, season with cayenne and salt to taste.

baked cauliflower dip

10)Pour the Dip into a baking dish.

baked cauliflower dip

11)Bake the dip at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly with a bit of golden on the top (if your baking dish doesn’t have handles, I recommend putting the dish on a sheet pan.)

baked cauliflower dip

12)Serve the hot dip with veggies and crackers for dipping.

1. Katrina says:

Love this! The cauliflower most certainly makes it healthy….I think? haha

2. Um….YES PLEASE. That last picture of the dip….I want to dive in. Delish!

3. Amanda says:

That looks SO good Heather!! I am so excited to have an occasion where I can make this… maybe a fun Thanksgiving appetizer? :)

4. oooh, so good! Love cauliflower but have never made a dip with it

5. Suzanne says:

Wow, that looks delish! I need an appetizer to take to Book Club tomorrow. I think I just found it. Thanks!

6. Wowie! That looks like it’d be addictive!

7. jenjenk says:

i never would have thought of cauliflower!!! great app!!

8. This looks so good! Do you think the dip would be as tasty if I used Neufchatel cheese rather then cream cheese? I just love the addition of goat cheese. Mmm!

• Sure! why not? Let me know how it tastes is you try it!

I love the idea of this cauliflower dip with all that creamy cheese! Perfect for this time of year :)

10. Jen Marie says:

So glad I’m not the only one who really dislike’s mayo… The only time I buy it, literally, is to make Hot Spinach Artichoke dip. I’m glad for an alternative. After I make this to your directions, I may try mixing the two recipe’s.
    THanks!

• Let me know how it goes. If I had had any artichoke hearts in my pantry, I would have tried the same thing!

11. This is such a great idea! My kids love cauliflower, so I will definitely be making this for one of our football afternoons.

12. Maria says:

Love this dip!!

13. Such a good idea! I’ve done mashed cauliflower as a mashed potato sub before, but never thought to use it for a dip!

14. Kristin says:

Looks like a super dip … warm and comforting for Fall and football eats!

15. Aggie says:

Wow!! This looks so good. It just reminded me of a dip similar that I tried at a friends…we couldn’t believe it was cauliflower! I never got her recipe so I’m so glad you posted yours!

I love that bowl :)

16. Esi says:

Love cauliflower. The idea of using it in a dip sounds really interesting.

17. Danielle says:

Great healthy alternative! I am going to try this on Sunday!

18. I love artichoke dip and I love cauliflower so there is no question I would love this dip!!
    Can’t wait to make this for our next football get together!

19. I’m always looking for more great cauliflower recipes and this is a great one! Thanks.

20. I think tasty.Thanks

21. This looks so gooey and delicious. I would eat it all easily.

22. avril says:

Such a yummy-licious and seriously untique dip! YUM.

23. Natalie says:

I am making this yummy dip tonight:)

24. Melissa says:

Could I use a blender instead of a food processor since I don’t own a processor to make this dip?

• Yes! it will probably be a bit smoother in consistency, but should work just fine!

25. Not sure if you’ve heard of us, but we have a massive team of expert handicappers in NFL Football. I can not wait for this season to start… Would you be cool if I included this article in our email newsletter?

26. This looks AWESOME! All our cauliflower is eaten from our spring/summer harvest, but I am totally making this for our Fall cauliflower batch!

27. Grace says:

I made this for a football party.easy to follow directions we love garlic so I added a couple more cloves and just a dash more cayeene,it was delicious even people who don’t like cauliflower loved it.i I used the lower calories cream cheese also and nobody new.

• Great Grace!! so happy that it worked well for you!

28. Annie says:

Would you be willing to update this with your current dietary requirements?