6479579547_6955d6d3b7

Chocolate Fudge

Chocolate Fudge

This creamy chocolate fudge is seriously beyond easy. I have had this recipe for forever and it never fails to create a simple and delicious holiday treat.

I know that this recipe would be really easy to enhance, like with walnuts or peppermint and candycanes, or coconut, or cognac. But the purist in me is having an unusual moment in the spotlight. I’m just keeping the flavor plain old delicious chocolate fudge. However, I do like to dress it up by using really good quality dark chocolate (72% cocoa.)

Chocolate Fudge

By nestling the small pieces in lovely little foil cups that make them feel like little jewels. I also like to place a single little silver dragee (or gold) on the top of each piece.

Chocolate Fudge

Then I will put a bunch of the fudge pieces in a tin, and they have the same effect as truffles!

Chocolate Fudge

These make a really pretty gift, or are lovely to cluster in a dish for your next Holiday gathering!

Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Fudge

Chocolate Fudge, makes about 40 pieces
-12 oz dark chocolate
-1 can sweetened condensed milk
-¼ cup butter

1) Prepare a 9×9 glass pan with tin foil that overlaps the sides by an inch or two.

Chocolate Fudge

2) Finely chop or shave the chocolate, (I like to use a serrated knife.)

Chocolate Fudge

3) In medium saucepan, melt all three ingredients together over low heat. Whisk to combine them into a smooth fudge.

Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Fudge

4) Pour the fudge into the prepared pan, gently smoothing it with an offset spatula.

Chocolate Fudge

5) Place the pan in the refrigerator until firm, about an hour.

Chocolate Fudge

6) Pull the fudge out by the foil overlaps. Place on a cutting board, and peel the foil from the sides of the fudge. Trim the edges and cut the fudge into pieces.

Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Fudge

7) Top with dragees or sprinkles if you desire. Place them in mini-muffin liners for a fancy touch!

Chocolate Fudge

8) Enjoy!

Chocolate Fudge

1. Oh that fudge looks so good! And with that few ingredients- I have no excuse not to make it! I bet the darker chocolate makes it very rich tasting.

• it definitely takes it to another level with that dark chocolate!

2. This sounds so yummy! Love this idea for a Christmas treat!

I can’t believe the simplicity of this recipe! Dare I say, I may actually make fudge this Christmas. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

• ha! I know- if it wasn’t, I probably wouldn’t either :)

4. When I was in college, I was intimidated at the thought of making fudge. Not sure why…

A couple years post college, I gave it a shot and LOVED making it. It was so easy. Thanks for sharing this special recipe.

Such pretty holiday treats! Love the way you packaged them & the little silver dragees.

6. Maria says:

Gorgeous fudge and a huge congrats on the People feature! So cool and well deserved!

7. Lauren says:

Gorgeous all wrapped up in that tin!

8. This is just gorgeous Heather – I love the presentation and the packaging – wish I was on your gift list!

9. Esi says:

That fudge looks so rich and amazing!

10. Cathy says:

That fudge is making my mouth water! It looks so good that I almost want to lick the screen on my laptop.

11. susan says:

loving the little sparkling thing on top! so festive!

12. Kristin says:

My sweet neighbor I grew up to next door always made the neighbors her delicious homemade fudge for Christmas … she is now 95 years old (!!) and doing great still … and every time I hear of homemade fudge, I think of Dorothy! I love the silver dragees on top – just dresses up those brown squares! I have never made fudge, but maybe now I have a easy recipe’ you say … I will attempt my first fudge and share with Miss Dorothy!

13. Oh my! This looks fantastic. I love the pearl dragees on top!

14. jenjenk says:

3 ingredients??? LOVE!!! More, More, More of these kinds of easy quick recipes for the holidays! Please??

15. 3 ingredient holiday gifts? I’m sold.

16. clanUSCmom says:

Over the weekend I made this fudge..it was creamy, smooth and DELICIOUS! I’m tossing my go-to family recipe and replacing it with yours..thank you for a wonderful new “family” recipe.

17. JenMarie says:

I’ve made this recipe before, it is seriously easy! One of my favorite’s too, as it’s rich and dark. I go back and forth between this one and a milkier one, but seem to come back to this as dark chocolate is my favorite. :)

18. Leave it to you, Heather, to find the simplest, most elegant little festive touch to make fudge look extra special. :-)

• oh my gosh Kathy- you are so sweet! Thank you :)