kahlua float

Kahlua Float

New Years Eve is already upon us!

Kahlua Float

I feel like everyone I know seems to be staying in this year. Maybe a few friends or another family are coming over to eat and drink and celebrate, but pretty low-key for the most part.

Kahlua Float

What are you guys doing?

I figured that even if you have quite the list of appetizers ready to make, you might be looking for some fun new drink ideas?

Kahlua Float

Inspiration struck through this incredible espresso ice cream from a local artisanal ice cream brand.

Kahlua Float

Rich Kahlua and dry champagne create a creamy (but not overly sweet!) and frothy cocktail that is totally reminiscent of a float.

The chocolate rim is not only a great compliment to the coffee, it’s also festive and pretty cute, right?

Kahlua Float

If you really wanted to get craaaazy, I would throw in a splash of cream. Mmmm…

Kahlua Float, serves 1
1 tsp corn syrup
1 Tbs chocolate jimmies
1 scoop espresso (or coffee) ice cream
1.5 oz kahlua
Champagne (about 1/8 cup)

For the candy rim:
In a small dish, pour the tsp of corn syrup, gently roll the rim of a champagne glass into the corn syrup.

Dip the corn syrup rim into the chocolate jimmies and coat the rim with them.

Kahlua Float

Take the leftover jimmies (about 1 tsp) and pour them into the bottom of the champagne glass.

Kahlua Float

Plop the scoop of ice cream into the glass.

kahlua float

Pour the kahlua over the ice cream.

Kahlua Float

Top off the glass with the champagne.

1. susan says:

this is almost too gorgeous to drink! Cheers!

2. Maria says:

Such a pretty drink!

3. even though alcohol isn’t something i can have right now, as soon as i have this baby i’m going to have a double-sized version of this baby!

4. Hannah says:

Sounds and looks amazing. I am always into trying new things. Headed to the beach for New Years, so I might just have to try this. I have everything but the ice cream and champagne. Yum Yum! Thanks

5. CHRISTINE says:

YUMMY….I MISSED SOMETHING SOMEWHERE!!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR NEWS~!! AND A BEAUTIFUL NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR “GROWING” FAMILY……..

• NO!!! I’m not pregnant!! I think that was Heather of Heather’s Dish!

6. salsabil says:

I do not drink alcohol please invent one non alcholic for me the look is so stylish :) ))))

• For a non-alcoholic version, I would just substitute soda water or sparkling cider!

7. CHRISTINE says:

SORRY, OOOH MY MISTAKE, DID IT SCARE YOU? HAPPY NEW YEAR NONE THE LESS….TO HER AS WELL.

8. laura wilson says:

This is beautiful, Heather.

Happy New Year my friend! Hope you got to enjoy a bunch of these cocktails!

10. kaye says:

Made this drink for New Year’s Eve. Yummy. Not much luck with the corn syrup rim, but good without it.

11. Kelley Taylor says:

Wow, I got back from vacation and realized I missed all these amazing concoctions of Heather’s! I would have never, never, never thought to combine champagne with Kahlua and ice cream. Yum. This is pushing all the right buttons.

• Oh good! I had not thought of it either, but I am glad that bottle of champagne was lying around, because it was so delicious!

12. JenMarie says:

OMG, I want one right now! I LOVE Kahlua, especially directly over vanilla ice cream. Just do it!

13. Definitely love the chocolate sprinkle ring. This looks exceptional and classy :)

14. Danguole says:

Wow! Everything I love, in a champagne flute. Brilliant.

15. patperotti says:

I am going to try it

16. Mrs. L says:

Though I’ve made Kahlua floats before I’ve never added champagne or served them so beautifully. Thanks for the idea!

17. Jessica Lamb says:

came across this on pinterest. Can’t wait to try it!

18. Oh my god…these were phenomenal!

19. Can not wait to try this!

20. juliemarg says:

wow I know my family will love it!

21. I couldn’t shake the image of your drink…it was so beautiful! I tried to replicate a mocktail version. Its on my blog. Mine looks more like a milkshake but still very decadent! Thank you!

22. Colleen says:

Looks fantastic! Loved to see someone else call them “jimmies!” I grew up learning these candies as either “hundreds and thousands” or “jimmies.” People look at me and always ask “what are jimmies?” And we I explain..get told “… Ooh…sprinkles”… Sigh