salsa

Oven Roasted Salsa

roasted tomato salsa“`

This is a fantastic AP salsa. Perfect for all of your dipping needs!

Oven Roasted Salsa, makes 2 cups
6 roma tomatoes
½ yellow onion, rough chopped
1 large Poblano pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
4 garlic cloves
2 Tbs vegetable oil
Kosher salt
½ cup fresh cilantro
Kosher salt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

On a sheet pan, place the tomatoes, onions, peppers and garlic cloves.

Drizzle and toss with the vegetable oil and sprinkle with some kosher salt.

roasted tomato salsa

Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes or until everything is soft, roasted and fragrant.

Peel the skin off of the poblano pepper and dispose of the stem. Dispose of the jalapeno stem too.

roasted tomato salsa

Transfer all of the vegetables to a food processor.

roasted tomato salsa

Add the fresh cilantro.

roasted tomato salsa

Pulse until you have a good, smooth consistency.

roasted tomato salsa

Season generously with Kosher salt to taste and garnish with green onions.

roasted tomato salsa

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

roasted tomato salsa

1. I am such a fan of oven-roasted salsas for all their complex flavor. Thanks for this, Heather!

2. Amanda says:

Never tried it this way, and now I am excited too!

3. This looks amazing! Bookmarked & Pinned

Fabulous!!!

5. Perfect for a hot weekend. Or a cold one.

I top every single one of my meals with salsa. Must try this asap!

7. Amy says:

Heather. Heather. Heather. OH MY WORD. This salsa was SO good I literally felt tears forming in my eyes when I took the first bite- not for the spice but for the JOY of the BEST SALSA I HAVE EVER EATEN. Truly. I know that sounds like hyperbole but I mean it sincerely. I have always wanted a salsa to taste like this. Now I know my missing link: roasting. (I did add 2 T fresh lime juice). Perfection. From the bottom of my heart- THANK YOU, darling girl.

• OMG. nicest comment EVER. Thank you Amy. Stuff like this makes it worth what I do.

8. Esi says:

My favorite snack

9. I am a huge fan of salsa and I love your use of earthy flavors here. How wonderful!

10. Lillian says:

I’ll be trying this one! I want to have tears in my eyes too!

11. Joey says:

Great recipe exactly the one I’ve always used except with lime juice and water for right consistency. The pepper in the picture is a poblano not Anaheim.

12. Mia says:

You just made my husbands day! This is the first year he has grown a garden and we had everything fresh. He is one proud guy now that he can show off his cooking and gardening skills. Maybe this will give him the confidence to make dinner tonight!

• That is awesome Mia!! I hope it turns out great!