After finishing the juice diet that I just finished, I am *trying to be all about seriously healthy food.
Tons of salads, vegetables and clean, fresh whole foods. As good as that sounds- sometimes those kind of recipes (that are actually appealing and delicious!) seem kind of hard to find.
I am trying really hard over the next few weeks to bring you lots of them
Like this absolutely gorgeous and delicious Asian Beet Salad.
I am a total sucker for beets, but I have never had them prepared with Asian flavors. However I think I may have stumbled upon something fantastic! The natural sweetness of the beets pairs so nicely with the Asian flavors. I feel like this would be beautiful with a piece of grilled salmon
If anyone is taking part in the juice diet- please let me know how it’s going!!
Don’t worry- there will be some goodies back soon too- just let me get back into my jeans first.
Asian Beet Salad, serves 4-6
-6 golden beets
-3 cups carrots, peeled
-½ cup cilantro, minced
-¼ cup green onion, minced
-1 fresh red chili, minced
-¼ cup rice wine vinegar
-2 Tbs sesame oil
-2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
-1 Tsp sesame seeds
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beets and cook until they are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
2) Drain the beets and rinse them under cold water. As you rub the beets under the running water, peel the skin off with your fingers.
3) Slice the beets into wedges and pour into a large bowl.
4) Slice the carrots on the bias about 1/8” thick and add them to the beets.
5) Add all the rest of the ingredients (except for the sesame seeds) and toss them all together until everything is well seasoned.
6) Season to taste with Kosher salt.
7) Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
8) Serve at room temperature or chilled.