It’s Tuesday. Why can’t it be Saturday?
Something good for lunch might help soften the fact that I all I want to do is be cuddled up on the couch (is it just that time of year?) and watch New Girl and Seinfeld reruns.
So here is a quickie recipe perfect for a Tuesday. Sweet cranberries, tart apples, and a little spicy from the mustard. Crunchy and fresh- I love this salad.
I’m still clinging to my January health streak (for just a bit longer!) and this salad had enough flavor and texture to satisfy and delight. Perfect for lunch- Try it!
Recipe: Chicken, Apple, Cranberry and Almond Salad
- -1 ½ cups shredded chicken breast (this should be one breast)
- -2 large granny smith apples
- -½ cup dried cranberries
- -¼ cup almonds, chopped
- -1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- -2 tablespoons olive oil
- -2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- -kosher salt
- 1. Cut the apples into matchstick size pieces. Toss in a large bowl with the dried cranberries and chopped almonds.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, oil and vinegar with a little sprinkle of kosher salt.
- 3. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2