OMG. Is there anything, ANYTHING!!!! More annoying than when your internet goes down? Especially when you are me and you need to be able to do like 17 things all at one time. (I literally have 17 windows open at once by the way, plus a couple different browsers. Always.) ADD folks.
So here I am trying to post this loooooovely recipe filled with things like chocolate and peanut butter and bananas and heavy cream, and I am so upset with the dang internet. It’s a joy kill. I am at a coffee shop, in haggard sweats and no makeup and uggs (not like that is anything new, but I will totally pretend I wouldn’t otherwise wear sweats out with no makeup and uggs) trying to apologize. I feel like I am in highschool and didn’t do my homework. You know those terrible anxiety dreams? I had them all night long.
While “better late than never” is an obscenely hard pill to swallow for this very punctual girl- I will embrace it today! And I offer you Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Pudding!! Crazy right? Or maybe just crazy good…
I served this for dessert a dinner party quite a while ago and have been meaning to share it with you. It’s a good one- I hope you enjoy it ☺
Posts to use for reference with pictures:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Pudding
- -2 loaves Chocolate Banana Bread, (recipe follows)
- -2 cups whole milk
- -1 cup heavy cream
- -1 Tbs Vanilla Bean paste or extract
- -4 eggs
- -1 cup sugar
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread:
- -½ cup butter, softened
- -½ cup peanut butter
- -2 cups sugar
- -3 eggs
- -2 cups banana
- -2 ½ cups flour
- -½ cup dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- -1 teaspoon baking soda
- -¼ cup buttermilk
- -10 ounces chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two loaf pans with baking spray.
- 2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- 3. Add the eggs and beat in until fluffy.
- 4. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients,
- 5. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl.
- 6. Slowly add in the buttermilk and combine until you have a nice creamy batter.
- 7. Add the Chocolate Chips and mix until just incorporated.
- 8. Divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- 9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until the bread is just cooked through.
- 10. Let the bread cool before turning out of the pans and slicing.
- 11. Cut the bread into 2 inch chunks, and lay in a 9×13” pan (or I used an 11” round- whatever works.)
- 12. In a bowl, beat together the whole milk, heavy cream, vanilla, eggs and sugar.
- Pour it over the bread and weighing down the bread with another pan or just really squish it in with a spatula, let the bread soak up all the milk. I like to wait about 30-40 minutes before baking.
- 14. Bake the bread pudding for about 45 minutes. Serve hot or cold, best with whipped cream!
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12