Blueberry Honey Vodka Lemonade
Never Fear! Thirsty Thursday is here!! A little late, but it is still Thursday, and this glorious cocktail can just go ahead and coast into Friday, which really is the best day for a drink anyways, right?
Blueberry Simple Syrup, golden honey and lemonade are wonderful on their own, or add some ice cold vodka and make it a happy hour your friends and family will delight in!
Personally, I feel like I need more than one of these. It is Thursday and I feel like my week is just getting started. I have a lot of fun book events in the next few days and then I take off at the crack of dawn on Sunday for my first book tour adventure. And I will be honest, I am scared to death. Hee, hee. I feel like I’m not supposed to admit that- but I am . Well, excited and scared to death ☺
But before I get to all that, I just want to sit out on my deck with my husband and sip one of these while I watch my kids play and breathe in the warm spring air. You can join me (well, virtually) since this will only take you a few minutes to put together.
This is how you do it:
1. Bring everything to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
2. Strain the syrup through a chinoise and reserve juice. Discard the blueberries and chill the syrup.
4. To make the drink, combine ice, the syrup, the lemon juice and the vodka in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigourously and then strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a lemon slice.
**In case you did not see this, my Shoreline COSCTO book signing has been moved from Friday, May 17th to June 1st. See you there!
Recipe: Blueberry Honey Vodka Lemonade
- 4 Tablespoons Blueberry Honey Simple Syrup
- 4 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Jucie
- 4 ounces cold Vodka
- fresh lemon wedge to garnish
- Blueberry Honey Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1. Bring everything to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 2. Strain the syrup through a chinoise and reserve juice. Discard the blueberries.
- 3. Chill the syrup.
- 4. To make the drink, combine ice, the syrup, the lemon juice and the vodka in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigourously and then strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2