I am pretty much in heaven to be home, which is why I thought I would share these Chocolate Cloud Cupcakes with you.
There are a few things that I loved about being on book tour:
a) meeting all of you
b) sleeping in a King sized bed all by myself, with no snoring and no kids to wake me up
c) seeing cities that I have never been to before.
Here is what I love about coming home from book tour:
I am busy celebrating what a great dad Pete has been lately, what troopers my little girls have been without their mommy and getting reaclimated with my real life after being one for a few weeks, so please forgive me the short post. I hope that these cupcakes help make up for it.
This is a variation on these dark chocolate cupcakes, but with a frothy chocolate whipped cream for the frosting. You will see why they have “cloud” in the name. I hope you like them!
Recipe: Chocolate Cloud Cupcakes
- -½ cup vegetable oil
- -2/3 cup sugar
- -3 eggs
- -2 tsp vanilla
- -1 cups flour
- -½ cup, plus 3 TBS dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- -1 ½ tsp baking powder
- -½ tsp salt
- -¼ cup whole milk
- -1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- -2 cups heavy whipping cream
- -2/3 cup powdered sugar
- -6 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- 2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the oil and the sugar.
- 3. Add the eggs one at a time as well as the vanilla.
- 4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, the cocoa powder, the baking powder and salt.
- 5. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and stir to combine. Add the milk and beat until you have a smooth batter. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 6. Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 cups and bake the cupcakes at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting.
- 7. With an electric mixer, whip together the heavy cream, powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder until you have stiff peaks. Frost the cupcakes generously with the Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting.
- 8. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12