Thirsty Thursday presents: The Bourbon Vanilla Root Beer Float. I think you need this today. If not today, then this weekend.
If not this weekend, then you need to be making and serving these on the fourth of July. Make them booze free for the kids, and these Bourbon Vanilla Root Beer Floats for the grown ups. At least that’s what I’m going to do… I am thinking a big tray of the large sized mason jars filled with this, and just pass them around.
Vanilla. Ice Cream. Bourbon. Root beer. It’s a heavenly, creamy, fizzy dream drink and I feel like I could bathe in it.
Because It’s Thursday I won’t get all chatty. I will just be quiet and let you enjoy.
Recipe: Bourbon Vanilla Root Beer Float
- 4 teaspoons vanilla paste
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3 bottles good quality root beer, chilled
- In 4 chilled glasses, evenly distribute the vanilla paste and the bourbon. Stir them together.
- Add the vanilla ice cream, evenly distributed between the glasses. Top them off with chilled root beer.
- Serve immediately with a straw.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4