Hey all you gin drinkers!! Your time has finally come. My first ever Gin drink. Ever.
I asked around on facebook and twitter and turns out quite a lot of you are gin drinkers. Quite a lot indeed! (However if you are NOT a drinker at all- which is great too! Just add more gingerale for a delicious non-alcholic drink)
I’ll be honest. I don’t dig gin. I had a bad experience in college and I have never gone back if you know what I mean. But I braved a sip and I had my fair share of taste testers that love gin come and did some happy taste testing the other day.
Fresh White Nectarines, ginger ale and fresh mint make this a refreshing and slightly sweet drink that is perfect for the summer. I also loooove the pale color that the white nectarines give it, but I am sure the orange would be beautiful too.
By the way- I chose nectarines since Trader Joes is doing a whole case for 4.99 and they are really good- If you need some go take a look.
Recipe: Nectarine, Gin and Ginger Fizz
- 2 nectarines thinly sliced (I used white)
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 ounces gin
- 12 ounce can ginger ale, chilled
- Reserve 3 slices of nectarine
- In a large glass muddle together the nectarines, the mint and the gin.
- Add half the ginger ale and mix together.
- Fill 3 glasses half way with ice cubes.
- Strain the drink mixture over the ice. Top off each drink with the remaining ginger ale.
- Garnish with the nectarine slice and some fresh mint.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3