In case you were wondering, (which you probably were not) I did some over consuming this week/weekend. Um, at this point, it feels that it was mainly of alcohol (eeew fuzzy head), but most certainly also of food. How does this happen on Holiday weekends!? Basically it has been just a free for all. My poor liver. Then I topped it all off with doughnuts and take out. I know.
Oh, sorry, what a mess I am. I guess I will just drink ice water and eat salad this week. Which is fine, as long as it is this luscious Fried Chicken Cobb Salad. And better than that- It is gluten free Fried Chicken Cobb Salad!
A few weeks ago, I showed you how I made these Gluten, dairy and egg free chicken fingers. Well, if you happen to make a few extra and then chop them up and add them to your salad you have something pretty awesome going on- I suggest you try it….
Recipe: Fried Chicken Cobb Salad.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped into small bite sized pieces
- ¼ pound oven fried chicken fingers
- 1 large avocado, cut into bit sized pieces
- 4 strips crispy bacon, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter and add all of the other elements to the salad.
- For the dressing, combine the shallot, mustard, honey and the oil and vinegar and the salt and pepper. Shake well to combine and drizzle across salad. Toss and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4