Breakfast Taco time ladies and gentlemen! Soft corn tortillas piled high with fluffy scrambled eggs filled with tons of cheddar, green onion and freshly chopped jalapeno peppers is amazing as is. But then add black beans, fresh avocado, pico de gaillo and cilantro and just fuggeddabowdit. (I have been watching Friends re-runs here in New York).
I know that these are breakfast tacos, but I have had these for lunch and dinner in the last month, and they are seriously good! The green onions and jalapeno just take these eggs to really good places.
I am actually craving Mexican flavors desperately, anyone have GREAT New York Mexican recommendations? I really NEED guacamole and tortillas and margaritas. Please help me.
Ok, a Seinfeld marathon is starting, and it is really important that I watch it while eating mini-bar gummy bears, so I have to go. Enjoy the Tacos!!
Recipe: Breakfast Tacos with Spicy Green Onion and Cheddar Scrambled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced green and white parts
- 1 large jalapeno, minced
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayeene pepper
- kosher salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- ½ large avocado, cut into 6 slices
- fresh cilantro
- pico de gaillo
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy and add the green onions and jalapeno and whisk. Then add the cheese and mix well.
- In a small pan, warm up the beans over low heat. Add the cumin, cayenne and kosher salt to taste.
- In a medium pan, melt the butter or add the oil over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and gently cook them until they are softly scrambled. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Meanwhile warm the corn tortillas over a skillet or pan.
- Divide the black beans and eggs to each tortilla. Add a slice to each taco and then add fresh cilantro and pico de gaillo. Enjoy hot!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6