When Pete and I were in New York last week (OMG- how could that have only been last week?!!) we were walking through SOHO and stumbled on a really awesome Mexican restaurant. Since we were in day drinking mode, we ordered a whole bunch of drinks to sample.
The one that completely floored me was a combo of coconut, mango and orange mixed with my favorite booze (Vodka!!).
It is tropical and creamy and sweet (but not too sweet) and then has just the right hit of acid from the orange juice and lime juice. This is the perfect way to get an early kick start on your Summer weekend, don’t you think?! I am in LA right now with Pete, and am happily spending the weekend getting to spend a bunch of time with some of my favorite girlfriends (check instagram to see what we are up to all weekend!!)
Recipe: Mango Coconut and Orange Vodka Crush
- 4 ounces vodka
- ½ cup mango puree
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- lime wedges
- Mango Puree
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- For the Mango Puree:
- In a small pan, add the mango, water, sugar and salt. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add to the jar of a blender and puree until smooth.
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes and add the vodka.
- In a separate pitcher, mix together the mango puree and coconut milk and then pour it over the vodka. Top with the orange juice and a squeeze of lime.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2