Helloooo Guys! After almost a month of being “across the pond” we are back in Seattle! Best trip ever. I will probably start leaking stories and pictures very soon- but I can’t deal with it yet. I still haven’t even looked at my mail. Also, did I tell you that due to some stinky floor refinishing and trim painting in our house, we all have moved in with my parents for a little while?
And while they are the most gracious hosts ever, living with your parents at our age calls for cocktails. Lots of them. So we should get started as soon as possible.
In this week’s #ThirstyThursday, Chili and Mango meet and have a love child in the form of a martini. What do you think?
I had a drink like this 3 and a half years ago in London at a beautiful Indian restaurant and I still remember it. That my friends, is staying power- right?!
I love the sweet and tart flavor of the mango combined with the clean bite of the Vodka and the burn of the spicy chili! It is just the right amount of fire! The coconut water lends a slight sweetness to the drink and mellows everything out- plus I am sure it is totally hydrating me while I booze, right???
Happy Thirsty Thursday Guys….
Recipe: Chili Mango Martini
- 1/2 cup Mango Chili Puree
- 4 ounces chilled vodka
- ¼ cup chilled coconut water
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- -For the Mango Puree:
- In a small pan, add the mango, chili, water, sugar and salt. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add to the jar of a blender and puree until smooth.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add the puree, vodka and coconut water and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of fresh chili if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 3 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2