It’s #ThirstyThursday. Are you ready for these Blackberry Mint Cucumber Tequila Coolers? Can you handle them? I can. Like 5 of them.
These are rip offs of the drinks we had an awesome Mexican place in New York a few months ago. (I also recreated this drink I had there). I have no idea what the name of the restaurant is, and since several of you have asked, I will go find it in the next couple days as we are staying very close.
In fact. Maybe I will go find it by sitting out in the sunshine on their patio and sucking down a bunch of these coolers or these crushes while I simultaneously gorge on chips and salsa. I don’t know, it’s just an idea.
In the mean time, let me tell you about the magnificence of this combo. Tequila. Lemon. Cool and refreshing mint and cucumber juice and then super sweet and brilliantly colored blackberry syrup. It’s beautiful, not to sweet and totally delicious. I hope these make it to your happy hour this weekend!
Recipe: Blackberry Mint Cucumber Tequila Coolers
- • 4 ounces tequila
- • 1 cup cucumber cut into chunks, plus a few thinly sliced for garnish
- • 12 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- • 6 tablespoons blackberry syrup
- • ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- • Chilled Club soda to cap
- • Ice
- Blackberry Syrup
- • 1/2 cup sugar
- • 1/2 cup water
- • 1 cup blackberries
- For the Blackberry Syrup: Bring the sugar, water and blackberries to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, breaking up the blackberries as they cook.
- Strain the syrup through a chinoise and reserve juice. Discard the blackberry pulp. Chill the syrup.
- In the jar of a blender, combine the cucumber chunks, the mint leaves and lemon juice. Puree until you have a smooth mixture.
- Strain through a chinoise (fine strainer) into a jar.
- Fill two large glasses with ice. Add 2 ounces of tequila to each glass and the thinly sliced cucumbers for garnish. Add 3 tablespoons of the blackberry syrup to each glass and 3 tablespoons of cucumber-mint mixture to each glass. Top with chilled club soda and stir well. Serve with a sprig of fresh mint.
- *There will be leftover blackberry syrup and cucumber mint juice- but all the better for a second round!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2