Hi guys. I just have to share this quick and easy recipe, because it essential to the Salmon recipe I am serving up tomorrow.
If you are looking for something new and different to top your BBQ’d fish or chicken with, or even just to dip your tortilla chips in, than I think I have it…
Blueberry Corn Salsa. I am not kidding. It is so crunchy and has all of the sweetness of the raw corn and blueberries with the tartness from the berries and the lime. Plus some savory (and crunchy!) red onion. The basil and a dash of olive oil rounds all of the flavors out and you just are left with a perfect summer condiment!
Oh yeah- it happens to be really pretty and different. Sometimes you just need to shake things up! Right? Since I clearly can’t get away from all of these salsas lately, check these out too:
- 1 ear of fresh raw corn, cut off the cob
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- ½ cup basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- kosher salt to taste
- For the Salsa:
- In a medium bowl, toss together the raw corn, blueberries, onion, chili and fresh basil. Drizzle with the olive oil and add the zest and juice of one lime. Season to taste with kosher salt and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8