Ok, as tailgating season is really getting underway here, it is time to get serious about tailgating food. For me, in an ideal world, I am pretty sure that will always include Nacho’s.
Something about the crispy chips, the gooey cheese and all the goodness in-between just makes them completely addictive to me. And if I thought I loved them before, since I met my husband, my nacho issue has been taken to another level. That’s what happens when two nacho lovers meet and fall in love.
To be honest with you, Nachos is something I sort of have to ration out to myself in healthy dosages. You know? Like my jeans would not appreciate it if I was having nachos, like say, every day for lunch or something.
But as far as I am concerned, every so often it is a “good thing” to eat chips smothered in cheese. Avocado, beans, and this crispy roasted chicken don’t hurt either.
I tried real hard to spruce these up for you. Which is why I made this very special Cilantro-lime crème to go with the roasted chicken nacho’s.
Finely minced cilantro, lime zest and juice and some crushed garlic turn plain old sour cream into an amazing accoutrement for these nacho’s. Plus it makes them feel a little fancy. I like fancy stuff.
Like this fancy costume that Coco wore around the kitchen while I baked nacho’s.
Roasted Chicken Nachos, makes 4 servings
-several large handfuls of tortilla chips
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-1 large chicken breast on the bone
-2 tsp southwest salt rub
(1tsp kosher salt, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp chili powder)
-1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
-3 green onions, thinly sliced
-1/3 cup black olives, sliced
-1 medium avocado, diced and sprinkled with salt
-fresh pico de gaillo, (purchased or homade)
Cilantro Lime Creme
-8 oz sour cream
-2 Tbs finely minced cilantro
-zest of 1 lime
-1 Tbs lime juice
-1 garlic clove, minced
-generous seasoning with Kosher salt
1) preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2)Place the chicken breast in a baking pan.
3)Sprinkle the chicken with the salt rub, and put the chicken in the oven to bake.
4)Bake the chicken at 375 for about 40 minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool. (leave the oven on at 375)
5) Meanwhile, prepare the Cilantro-Lime crème by mixing together all of the ingredients in a bowl.
6) when the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred the chicken, disposing the skin and bones.
7) In a baking dish, pile the chips.
8) Sprinkle them with the black beans and then the cheese.
9) Sprinkle the shredded chicken over the top of the beans, cheese and chips.
See those crispy, roasted chicken bits? Yum.
10) Put the Nacho’s in to cook for 15 minutes.
11) pull the Nachos out and pile on the olives, green onions, avocado and pico de gaillo.
12) Serve hot with the cilantro Lime Crème and lime wedges.Print Recipe