The day after Thanksgiving my Christmas tree went up. I sent my husband outside in the rain and cold to wrap the trunks of the trees in little white lights, and I bedecked every possible mantle and railing on garlands, lights and tinsel flecked ribbons. I just L-O-V-E the Holidays.
One of my favorite things about the Holidays is sharing with others. There are so many ways to do this, but my specialty is sharing through food.
I recently chronicled some of the ways I do this by making a book on edible gifts for shutterfly. You can see the book here!
I thought it would be really fun to make a collection of Holiday recipes and include creative ideas for how to package them for friends, neighbors, co-workers and all of the other people whom you find yourself needing gifts for throughout this time of year.
They are all edible, easy and inexpensive, and most importantly: made with love!
I have recipes like this white chocolate almond bark. It is so easy and festively beautiful with the gorgeous gem like color of the dried cranberries and apricots! I packaged mine up in wine boxes covered with scraps of silk boxes and stuffed with tissue paper.
And again in a tin with a cellophane “window” so that the recipient can see inside to the beautiful and colorful White Chocolate Almond Bark.
Shutterfly was kind enough to send me 5 copies of “my book” to give away to you. Each book has 42 pages, is 12×12 and is a $75 dollar value.
This is what it looks like.
**To enter to win one of the 5 books, you can sign up in the following ways. Please leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH entry!!!
(also, even if you already like me on facebook or follow me on twitter, you can enter those as individual comments for more chances.
1) Leave a comment letting me know your family’s favorite variety of Christmas Cookies
2) Sign up for a subscription here so you don’t miss any fun posts or great giveaways!
3) Like me on facebook!
4) Follow me on twitter, handle name @heatherchristo
Ok guys! Contest ends Wednesday, November 30th at 11:59pm. I will let you know the winners Thursday morning so I can get these in the mail to you to actually use this Holiday season!
White Chocolate Almond Bark, makes 8 servings
-1 ½ lbs white chocolate, chopped
-1 cup raw almonds, chopped
-½ cup dried cranberries
-½ cup dried apricots, chopped
1) Prepare a sheet pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
2) Place the white chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave for 90 seconds.
3) Take the chocolate out and stir vigorously until it is smooth without any lumps.
4) Pour the white chocolate over the parchment paper and spread it to about ¼” in thickness.
5) Add the nuts and dried fruits to the white chocolate, and gently press them into the chocolate.
6) Let the bark set up until firm, this can take several hours to overnight depending on the climate.
7) When the bark is hard, break or chop it into pieces and serve. Enjoy!Print Recipe