Several wonky things happened today:
1. Pia fell from the Monkey Bars and put her teeth through her lip. Saddest thing on earth to see her poor little fat lip and messed up mouth. She has been very brave, and lucky for everyone her teeth are just fine. A steady stream of advil, smoothies and attention have soothed her.
2. I was tidying up the kitchen and making Pia some soup while trying to figure out what to make for the rest of us, when I kept smelling something really good. Like really, really good. I kept thinking that the neighbors must be BBQing or something. But it seemed hard to pin down whether or not I was smelling something sweet or maybe ribs? Just couldn’t tell except that I was absolutely smitten.
Then I turned around and saw that the smell I was so enthralled with was the wooden spoon I used to stir the soup. It was on fire.
3. I also walked through a spider web with my face in the garden and I can’t stop feeling it allover my body. So gross.
4. And then I realized that the Olympics are over today, and I could have just about cried.
If there was ever a night to have Breakfast for Dinner, this was it. You know, sweet, comforting pancakes for dinner: pancakes filled with juicy peaches and sweet coconut- slathered in butter and syrup.
These definitely helped. If you need a stack too, this is how you make them:
Preheat your griddle to medium heat (350 degrees) or prepare a non-stick pan with vegetable oil.
Combine the dry ingredients well in a bowl, then add the egg, coconut milk, buttermilk and melted butter and whisk until well combined. When you are ready to cook the pancakes, make sure the pan is nice and hot and then generously grease it with vegetable oil.
Pour the batter out into round cakes and let cook about 30 seconds. Then add the peach slices and a sprinke of coconut. Flip when bubbles have surfaced on the batter.
Cook for about 30 seconds, or until the cakes have just cooked through. Serve hot with syrup and butter if desired.
Other amazing Peach Recipes!
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Peach Blackberry Arugula Salad
Cooking With Elise: Streusel Topped Peach Muffins With Peach Butter
Heather Christo Cooks: Peach Coconut Pancakes
Ingredients, Inc: Easy Peach Pie
From My Corner of Saratoga: Grilled Peaches With Caramel-Ginger Sauce and Pound Cake
Dishin & Dishes: Peach Lacquered Chicken Salad
Big Girls Small Kitchen: Easy Peach Limeade
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Fresh Peach and Coconut Cake
Daily*Dishin: Caramelized Grilled Peaches
Delicious Lean: Smokey Peach Chipotle Grilled Chicken
Thursday Night Dinner: Peach Shortbread
Sweet Life Bake: Jicama Tortilla Salad With Peach Dressing
I Am Baker: Cilantro Peach Salsa
Zaika Zabardast: Donut Peach Quesadilla
And Love It Too: Peachy Coconut Streusel Muffins
Daydreamer Desserts: White Peach Margaritas
Cooking Channel: 4 Savory Uses for Peaches
Healthy Eats: What to do With Overripe Peaches
FN Dish: Peaches Move to the Big Kids’ Table
Recipe: Peach Coconut Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- ½ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 peach, sliced
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Butter and syrup for serving
- 1. Preheat your griddle to medium heat (350) or prepare a non-stick pan with vegetable oil.
- 2. Combine the dry ingredients well in a bowl.
- 3. Add the egg, coconut milk, buttermilk and melted butter and whisk until well combined.
- 4. When you are ready to cook the pancakes, make sure the pan is nice and hot and then generously grease it with vegetable oil.
- 5. Pour the batter out into round cakes and let cook about 30 seconds. Then add the peach slices and a sprinke of coconut. Flip when bubbles have surfaced on the batter.
- 6. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until the cakes have just cooked through.
- 7. Serve hot with syrup and butter if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4