These are obscene and ridiculous and everything wrong and right in this world. These are cookies and cream donuts. Donuts, who as if they weren’t enough on their own, needed chocolaty creamy bits folded into them and then a blanket of cream and crunched up Oreo cookies spread over the top of them. mm hmm.
I’m sorry. I really have no defense except to say that I love donuts. And I love cookies and cream just about anything.
So when I saw Cookies and Cream pieces at the store, I just sort of melted down and bought them (I BLAME HERSHEYS!!)
When Pete came home, he just sort of looked at me like to make sure that I was ok. (Turns out I had chocolate crumbs all over the front of my shirt.) But the girls thought they were great! They helped mix, bake and frost to their delight. (Please note that Pia is still wearing her witches costume from Halloween).
Delight your kids too. Or, ahem, yourself…..
To make Cookies and Cream Donuts, this is what you do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan well with baking spray.
Roughly chop the cookies and cream pieces and set aside.
Sift together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine the cream, eggs, vanilla and butter- whisk together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold the batter until well combined.
Fold in the cookies and cream pieces.
Either spoon the batter into the prepared pan, or transfer the batter to a Ziploc or piping bag, snip the end and pipe into the donut pan (a little neater this way).
Bake the donuts until just cooked through and golden on top 10-12 minutes.
Let the donuts cool on a wire rack after turning them out.
While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze by whisking the cream, vanilla and powdered sugar together.
Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze until they have a nice thick coating. Generously sprinkle on the crushed oreo chunks and crumbs.
Recipe: Cookies and Cream Donuts
Summary: makes 18 donuts
- -2 ¼ cups cake flour
- -1 cup sugar
- -2 teaspoons baking powder
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -1 cup cream
- -2 eggs
- -1 tablespoon vanilla
- -4 tablespoons melted butter
- -½ cup cookies and cream pieces (Hersheys)
- Glaze and Topping
- -1 cup powdered suagr
- -¼ cup cream
- -1 teaspoon vanilla
- -½ cup oreo cookies crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan well with baking spray.
- Roughly chop the cookies and cream pieces and set aside.
- Fold in the cookies and cream pieces.
- Either spoon the batter into the prepared pan, or transfer the batter to a Ziploc or piping bag, snip the end and pipe into the donut pan (a little neater this way).
- Bake the donuts until just cooked through and golden on top 10-12 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool on a wire rack after turning them out.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)