Really these started based solely on cute cupcake wrappers. Is that ridiculous?
They are cute though, right?
And the fact that I just love gingerbread! The cookies are really nice- but the cakey bread stuff? One of my favorites around this time of year. The smell, the texture- all of it.
And I really tried to take all of those things and bake them into little cupcake sized packages of Holiday joy!
Theya re topped with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (which I always say is for people who don’t typically love cream cheese frosting- which I don’t) But it is the perfect touch of tanginess with these sweet, moist and tender cupcakes.
I feel like they would be really great for class parties or dessert with friends and family. My lucky little girls even got them in their lunch box this week…
To make these cupcakes, this is what you do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cupcake pan with baking cups.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and combine well.
In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, and then add them to the batter and combine well.
Add the molasses and the buttermilk and beat until you have a nice fluffy batter.
Scoop the batter into the muffin liners in the muffin tin. (ignore my muffin liners on the sheet pan)
Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.
Top the cupcakes with frosting and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Recipe: Gingerbread Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Summary: makes 1 dozen
- -1 cup butter, softened
- -1 ½ cups sugar
- -3 eggs
- -1 ½ cups flour
- -2 teaspoons baking powder
- -1 ½ tablespoons ginger
- -2 teaspoons cinnamon
- -½ teaspoon nutmeg
- -½ teaspoon salt
- -¼ cup molasses
- -1/3 cup buttermilk
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cupcake pan with baking cups.
- 2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3. Add the eggs and combine well.
- 4. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, and then add them to the batter and combine well.
- 5. Add the molasses and the buttermilk and beat until you have a nice fluffy batter.
- 6. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan.
- 7. Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- 8. While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.
- 9. Top the cupcakes with frosting and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Leave a Comment
I’m with you on gingerbread cake! At the old California state fair the last thing we ate leaving the grounds after a long day was a giant slice of warm gingerbread cake which probably cost a quarter! How did you make the wrappers? They’re really pretty.
OMG Vicki- that sounds like heaven. I think I am going to make old fashioned gingerbread this afternoon- I am inspired!
oh Vicki- i didn’t make the wrappers- I bought them at the grocery store!
YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see no problem with the cute cupcake wrappers being the germ of this great post and recipe. They are adorable and I cannot wait to bake these!
Oh Allison- thank you so much 🙂
these look beautiful and sound amazing!
Thank you Cheryl!
Such festive cupcakes!
this is one of my favorite combos. love the xmas elements!
No, that’s not ridiculous at all. I love that cute cupcake wrappers lead you to this deliciousness!