Helloooooo. Good morning guys! Another Day, another giveaway in honor of BOOK WEEK!!! (were you sure to sign up for the shiny kitchen aid mixer?)
I have a big bowl of flavorful Chicken Coconut Curry Soup for you today. Here at home I am like pretty much swimming in it.
I know I mish-mashed Asian flavors here. Sorry. But it’s really, really good. Oh, and really, really easy.
Curry, coconut, ginger and chili and they all swim around this glorious broth with noodles and tons of fresh herbs.
I really piled on the jalapenos in my house. I have some serious throat stuff going on, and I always believe in the germ-killing power of a big bowl of REALLY SPICY soup. Right? Like sweat it out?
Ok, I am also going to introduce you to Tuesdays Giveaway: this 12 inch cast iron skillet. I made sure I had my Southern Sister-in-Law pick out the right kind. Cause she knows about this stuff. Like officially.
If you were flipping through my new book (OUT TOMORROW!!!) and saw that you wanted to make Baked Eggs with Squash, Kale and Cheddar or Chicken Apple Sausage or maybe a Steak Sandwich with Brie and Fig Spread? Or a big batch of Fried Green Tomatoes, this gorgeous $60 Lodge 11” enameled cast iron skillet would probably help you.
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED!!!!!
So I am giving away two of these! They come in Emerald Green, Caribbean Blue or Island Spice Red.
If you would like to win one just please leave me a comment below about telling me about your very favorite sandwich!
If you would like another chance to win this skillet you can do any of the following for an extra chance! (Just leave a separate comment for EACH the following to win additional chances-up to 4 of them!)
This contest will wrap up on Sunday, May 5th at 9pm PT. It is open to continental US residents only please. Winner will be chosen at random! Please leave your correct email address so that I can get in touch with the winner or check back here on Monday. If the winner does not respond in 48 hours I will choose a new winner. Good Luck Everyone!!!
Recipe: Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
- -8 cups chicken broth
- -1 inch ginger
- -3 large garlic clove
- -2 shallot
- -8 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast
- -1 can coconut milk
- -2 tablespoons curry powder
- -¼ teaspoon cayenne
- -6 ounces cappelini noodles
- 1. In a large pot, bring the chicken broth, ginger, garlic and shallot to a simmer. Add the chicken breast and let simmer covered over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove the chicken breast, and when it is cool enough to handle, shred the chicken and set aside.
- 3. Whisk in the can of coconut milk with the curry powder and the cayenne pepper and bring back to a simmer.
- 4. Add the cappelini noodles and cook until they are just cooked to al dente, about 6 minutes. Add the chicken back in and season the soup to taste with Kosher salt.
- 5. Garnish with fresh cilantro, basil, mint, edamame beans, fresh shallot and jalapeno pepper slices.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2