Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas
Hellllooooooo Thirsty Thursday!!!!!!
In honor of Spring and this weekends Cinco De Mayo, I had to blend a little of both.
Rhubarb and Tequila.
Then I felt like adding some Strawberries. And Lime juice. And a sugared rim.
If you are having some fun this weekend, I HIGHLY recommend making a batch of these gorgeous cocktails! (If you want to turn these into a non-alchoholic drink, then just add club soda to the simple syrup and lime juice!)
And to continue the giveaway festivities in honor of BOOK WEEK!!! I thought about what else you would need to make some of the recipes in the book. And then I though that an awesome Blender would help you make recipe’s like Artichoke Soup, Caesar Salad Dressing and Blended Pomegranate Margaritas!
So here it is, the Ninja BL660 Professional Blender.
To enter to win this blender, tell me about your favorite cocktail or mocktail!! (It is Thirsty Thursday after all!)
If you would like another chance to win this blender you can do any of the following for an extra chance! (Just leave a separate comment for EACH the following to win additional chances-up to 4 of them!)
This contest will wrap up on Tuesday, May 7th at 9pm PT. It is open to continental US residents only please. Winner will be chosen at random! Please leave your correct email address so that I can get in touch with the winner or check back here on Monday. If the winner does not respond in 48 hours I will choose a new winner. Good Luck!!
*Oh, this is NOT SPONSORED! This is just because I want to.
To make a Strawberry Rhubarb Margarita, this is what you do:
In a pan, combine the water and the sugar and turn the heat onto medium.
Add the Rhubarb and strawberries and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Put through a fine strainer and dispose of the pulp. The syrup will be bright pink-red. Can refrigerate for up to a week.
In a large pitcher or cocktail shaker, combine the simple syrup, lime juice and liquors. Stir together well. Rub fresh lime juice on the rims of each glass and dip them in sugar. Fill each glass with ice cubes.
Pour the drink among the glasses.
Recipe: Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas
- -1 cup Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- -½ cup fresh lime juice
- -1/2 cup triple sec
- -1 cup tequila
- Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup:
- -1 cup sugar
- -1 cup water
- -2 cups rhubarb stalks, chopped
- -1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a pan, combine the water and the sugar and turn the heat onto medium.
- 2. Add the Rhubarb and strawberries and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- 3. Put through a fine strainer and dispose of the pulp. The syrup will be bright pink-red. Can refrigerate for up to a week.
- 4. In a large pitcher or cocktail shaker, combine the simple syrup, lime juice and liquors. Stir together well.
- 5. Rub fresh lime juice on the rims of each glass and dip them in sugar.
- 6. Fill each glass with ice cubes and divide the drink among the glasses.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4