Yesterday I posted Sweet Potato and Green Onion Biscuits. They are wonderful warm and fluffy and just out of the oven. They are even better slathered with a pat of soft butter.
But lets go one step further than that and make them into the ULTIMATE Autumnal breakfast Sandwich.
I was thinking that this would be great for those of you who have that 4 or 5 day stretch of no work and school, and might be in the mood to make some special breakfasts for your family.
It would also be a great breakfast AFTER Thanksgiving since it utilizes some of the inevitable leftovers. I used Turkey and cranberry chutney in this gorgeous sandwich. You have fluffy biscuits with a hint of green onion, sweet and savory chutney, sharp melted cheddar and a nice runny fried egg.
Ok. Tomorrow I am going to share my last Thanksgiving recipe, and then I want to know what your Thanksgiving day plans are. We are still battling the tummy flu around here, and frankly my ONLY plan is to get rid of it before our vacation time starts! I will feel a little more chatty once this has treat has run it’s course ☺
Recipe: Sweet Potato Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 large Sweet Potato and Green Onion Biscuits
- 4 ounces roasted turkey breast
- 4 tablespoons cranberry chutney
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium nonstick pan over low heat, add the vegetable oil and then crack each egg into the pan.
- While the eggs are cooking add the cheese to the bottom half of the biscuits. Place them on a baking sheet and bake it until the cheese melts- about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer them to their plates and add the turkey and chutney. Top with the egg (I like to cook about 3 minutes, so the yolk is still runny). And serve hot with salt and pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Leave a Comment
Yummm! This looks amazing. Would never have thought of these flavor combinations or sandwich in a million years.
Such a fabulous meal for post Thanksgiving!! Yum!
I could live on this biscuit sandwich!!!
This is insane! You must be stopped! Life will not be complete until I make these!!
LOL!! thanks Erin!
Holy stunning photos! Once I finish off all the pumpkin pie (my post-Thanksgiving breakfast of choice) I will start in on this crazy-good biscuit beauty.
I’m sorry that your household is sick : (
I could eat this yummy sammie all day long, loving the biscuit!
What?!! This sandwich is amazing! Love!
Love this sammy!
Your sunny side up eggs are perfect. I loathe eggs that have browning. Yay you!
Now that is a tasty breakfast sandwich!
This breakfast is to die for!!! LOVE the runny egg too 🙂
Looks scrumptious! In the words of Anthony Bourdain, I’m a total egg slut…