1. I’m late. Sorry. What’s new lately?! (and I hate being late!) I am writing this as I fly to Chicago for a Culinary Conference and to spend time with some great girlfriends. And to catch frostbite most likely. I went to Chicago on my book tour last Summer and it is seriously one of my favorite cities ever. But we will see how I feel after a few winter days there….
2. Yesterday I went to a Luncheon to support the Seattle Aquarium. I brought my 6 year old daughter Pia because the topic was Ocean Conservation, which is so important to me (and should be to everyone) and I thought that there is no time like the present to get her thinking about ways to help preserve and protect our natural resources. By the way Ted Danson was there and spoke and signed copies of his new book Oceana. (We got to meet him. He is just as charming and handsome as he could be- but that is just a side note because I thought you might want to know!)
So without going on for an hour let me give you two take away’s about what you can do starting today that will make the biggest difference in the health of our Oceans and Seas.
1) Recycle your plastic and especially your PLASTIC BAGS. Please.
2) Download this free app and it will let you know anytime, anywhere which fish you should buy, and which fish you should NOT BUY. Same goes for Sushi. Pretty easy.
3. I loved reading about this boy who is a hero. It’s an old article from last summer, but somehow I just saw it through Facebook. Very brave.
4. Kissing. OMG. Have you seen this video? They brought 20 people together that had NEVER met before and paired them up and they had to kiss on screen. I was peeking between my fingers! Tell me what you think about this. I love it. Some people hate it.
5. Spring Cleaning. I am hitting it hard fro three days when I get back. I am completely reorganizing and clearing clutter. At least that’s what I keep telling myself. Do you guys do this once a year? How extreme do you get? I feel a surge of crazy coming on… My main points of contention in my house are the laundry room and every single closet- so I have my work cut out for me. I’m thrilled Pete will be traveling so I can literally pull everything out and make the biggest mess known to man. But the tricky part is getting it all put back in before e”times up” you know? Otherwise It will all just get shoved back in and I will never find anything again. My girlfriends call me an “organized hoarder” but it’s not feeling that organized lately. I think it is time four a gutting.
6. A mini “GREEN” or “Irish Inspired” roundup for St. Patrick’s Day! Maybe a big heaping bowl of Green Macaroni and Cheese will be just what your family is craving!?
ok, some of my favorites from around the web this week:
7. Savory Corn Beef Brisket and Irish Cheddar French Toast with Kale Pesto Slaw. Take one look at this picture and tell me that you don’t want to dive in.
8. Seared Indian Chicken over Coconut Rice. Thank you Bev for just totally feeding into my complete obsession with all things curry. This is going on my menu for next week.
9. Jam Almond Crumb Bar. These make me think of Spring and Tea parties.
10. Spring Greens with Candied Meyer Lemons and Spicy Fried Goat Cheese. I just think that this is the most beautiful salad. Plus anything with SPICY FRIED GOAT CHEESE is just a given in my book.