1) I am in Las Vegas. Like Right Now. This is sort of like an early anniversary trip. Our 8 year wedding anniversary is the 25th of May, but life is so hectic over the next month or so that we knew this was the only weekend we could really get away, so we seized the chance! If you need me I will be in the spa. Or at the black jack table with a dirty Grey Goose Martini.
2) I’m completely obsessed with the Esquire network right now (um, and I am a woman). Is anyone else watching it? My three most “addicted to” reality shows are on it right now:
-The Getaway: where a B list celebrity (think Rashida Jones, or Aziz Ansari) goes to a city (think LA, Hong Kong, London) and has a couple days to experience and eat their way through that city. I love it.
-Knife Fight: this is not Top Chef. This is like rock n’ Roll, bad ass cooking. Like it is the street fighting of cooking off. The premis is that respected peers cook off in late night “underground” cooking battles in host Ilan Hall’s restaurant in downtown LA. If you like cooking battles, this one is as good as it gets.
-Lucky Bastards: I assume this is sort of the like the Real Housewives for men. I can’t watch too much of the Real Houswives- it gives me anxiety with all that fighting. But Lucky Bastards is like decadent pudding- you can’t stop even though you know you shouldn’t be eating it. I mean watching it. A bunch of wealthy, single men in New York who are up to less than honorable activity a lot of the time. But it is kind of funny and every time I flip by it I tend to stay. I guess it is like getting my trash fix without the drama. Is that possible?
Ok. Now the rest of this post has to just be about food. Sorry.
Monday is Cinco de Mayo so I just have to at least bring your attention to my favorite taco recipe ever (see #3 below) and then the rest is a mix of other people’s Cinco De Mayo recipes and some other just too good to not point out stuff. Have a great weekend!
3) Crispy Fried Fish Tacos. If I could eat any tacos on earth, this would be my choice most of the time. These kick ass. They are so good. I. Can’t. say. That. Enough.
4) These margaritas are STUNNING. I need to make them just so I can look at them!!
5) I don’t know what Tijuana Street Fries are, but I want some.
6) ok, more fish tacos, but really, really great ones.
7) I have actually had this Spicy Sesame Guacamole and it is incredible. The best twist on a classic.
8) Nettle Pesto Pasta. It’s beautiful. It makes me want to eat Nettles.
9) Gluten Free Vegan Spring Veg Pizza with Caramelized Onion Cream. That is quite a description and I want it.
10) The thought of crispy caramelized seared pork is just too much for me to handle. I need this Vietnamese Caramel Pork Stir Fry and I need it now.
Leave a Comment
Have fun this weekend! I have to say, I am a little jealous, the warm weather and sunshine sounds so nice!
Thanks for the link love today!
Those fries…I want them too. Have fun on your “bronze trip”.