So I have a rather special edition of #ThirstyThursday today. I know that this is perfectly Fall and all poised to be the quintessential Thanksgiving cocktail. And it can be! but this lovely Fizzy Cranberry Ginger Pear Cocktail is also actually kind of a celebratory toast kind of cocktail. Because something awesome is happening.
If it seems like I have been a little out of it lately- well, I have been. That is because I am deeply entrenched in a wonderful project…
I am writing another cookbook! GAHHHHH!!!!
I can’t believe I am going down this road so quickly again (am I crazy!?) but I do so with the utmost excitement and passion for the topic I am writing on. Any regular readers will know that these two moments defined life over the last year for our family and it has been quite a process. But I have really embraced the idea of making lemonade from lemons, and in a strange way I now feel blessed for this host of food allergies. While it’s not been easy, I know that I can make a difference in the lives of those suffering from intolerances and allergies or that are looking to make a change in their diet and health.
I am so proud and blessed that Clarkson Potter feels the same way, and will be publishing my book Spring of 2016. This will be a much larger book than my last and it will be packed full of lip smacking, finger licking, drool worthy, share with your friends recipes that are easy, accessible, fresh and beautiful.
Oh yeah, and they also happen to be completely allergen free- Like no Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Tree Nuts, Peanuts and Cane Sugar.
“Whaaaaatttttt!!!????” You might be saying?! “What’s Left!?” Plenty I tell you. Plenty of fresh, beautiful, delicious food is waiting for you! So is amazing health and happiness and I can’t wait to bring it to you.
“Wait. Backup. 2016???” you might say. Yeah. I know it is a long ways away- but I had to share because NOW is the time when I am doing all of the crazy work and I wanted to let you know that I haven’t fallen off a cliff or had a brain transplant. It’s still me, and I will try to keep things as normal and steady as possible around here (as long as you can’t see what me and my kitchen look like in real-life right now- which is about the same: NOT PRETTY).
In the end, I am just so excited and pumped up and jazzed and thrilled and… well, you get it. Let me know if you have any questions or requests or if you want to sign up for a slot for recipe testing (I think I am going to open that up soon to some of you guys if you are interested?)
And in the meantime- maybe slug back a few of these Fizzy Cocktails?
Recipe: Fizzy Cranberry Ginger Pear Cocktails
- 4 tablespoons fresh cranberries, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons pear, small diced
- 2 tablespoons Ginger Simple Syrup, chilled
- 4 tablespoons pure cranberry juice
- 2 ounces pear liqueur (I used Williams Pear Liqueur)
- chilled prosecco
- Ginger Simple Syrup, makes ½ cup
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar (we used beet sugar)
- In the bottom of two glasses, split the fresh cranberries and diced pear. Add to each of the glasses one tablespoon of Ginger Simple Syrup, 2 tablespoons of pure cranberry juice and 1 ounce of pear liqueur. Stir well and then top with chilled prosecco.
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup:
- In a small pot, add the ginger slices, sugar and water. Bring to a simmer and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set the pot aside and let cool, at least 5 minutes. Remove the ginger slices and set the ginger syrup aside. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2