1. I started exercising this week. For anyone that knows me in real life, this is my greatest demon. I have not worked out consistently (like for more than a couple months) in 8 years. The last three summers in a row I have torn at least one rotator cuff (twice I tore both) and then it would put me off working out for months which would stretch into the rest of the year. It has been the hardest thing in life for me to commit to, and I just don’t know why. I mean, I do lots of stuff I don’t want to do on a regular basis, why not add one more to the mix? But this year, turning 35, I have had a bit of a wake up call. I will spare you any details, but things are not the same. I am not even just talking about vanity either- I just want to be in good health and not have creaky knees- you know? So this week (well, in the last five days) I have gone to one pure barre class and hot the treadmill in the garage twice. I am planning to try and do another workout this weekend. I will let you know how the working out goes next week- please weigh in (no pun intended) if you have any advice, encouragement or wisdom about building regular exercise into your lofe!!
2. On a lighter note: EOS lip balm. I bought it in a 5 pack and I am totally obsessed. My favorites are the mint and the summer fruit. I think I just love the shape and the colors- they are just so cute!!
3. Egyptian Magic Cream. Ok. I am a sucker. I saw this at Costco too. It was in a 2 pack and read the claims on the label. Initially I thought it was ridiculous, and then I remember how rigorous Costco’s research and regulations are for high quality products, and I made a “what the hell!” purchase. I am really into it. It’s made from bees wax, olive oil, propolis, and some other stuff. It is very oily and greasy which would have initially made me think no way- but after my beauty oil face wash conversion- I am trying to think about skin care in a different way. It has not made me break out, and I do have to say that my skin is looking very moisturized and less blotchy.
4. They found this about 2 miles from my house. WHAAAAAT???!!!
5. Valentines Day rocked. We usually do nothing. But the perk of having our kids be a little more grown up this year, is that we have a little more freedom. Plus we got a sitter. But Pete surprised me with a spa day (can you believe how great that is!?) I had a huge grin plastered on my face all day. Except for when I was snoring on the massage table. Then we went to a beautiful dinner. It was a lovely day and I love, love, love my husband.
And now, onto the most drool worthy recipes I saw around this week!
6. Pumpkin Baked Doughnuts with Maple Caramel Glaze. Pia’s little adorableness.
8. Deep fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. WHAT!!? This is a real thing!? I would devour that.
10. Crispy Croissant Sundaes with red wine hot fudge sauce from Jessica. Because these are the kind of recipes that make me worship her and somehow convince me that frying a croissant is a really good idea.Print Recipe