I know we already covered coconut and cookies this week. But it’s Friday and it’s been a long couple of weeks and I’m tired. And when I am tired, I want cookies. So that’s just the way it’s going to be I guess…
Plus, on Monday you got cookie bars. Big difference!! These are soft and crispy cookies with big honkin macadamia nuts and chewy coconut. Plus they are Gluten Free!! (although you would never know it).
We got home late Thursday night from weeks of being on the road and I am so happy to see my little Wilbur, who is TRULY not so little any more. And because it was eleven o’clock at night and we hadn’t eaten dinner and the fridge was empty, I naturally attacked the freezer, where I found a whole bag of these. JOY!!! A couple of these and a hot mug of tea was the perfect way to ensure that I would get my children to bed and this blog posted. The unpacking however, was not so lucky. Neither will I be when I have to go deal with the laundary from those 6 suitcases sitting in the front hall. Yuck….
But in the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and don’t be afraid to sweeten things up with these cookies!
Recipe: Gluten Free White Chocolate, Coconut and Macadamia Nut Cookies
makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 ½ cups gluten free flour (I used cup4cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 sheet pans with parchment or silpats.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine well. Mix in the shredded coconut.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and kosher salt, then add them to the batter.
- Finally add in the white chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts and mix well.
- Scoop out onto prepared sheet pans, leaving ample space between them (they spread).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees and then let them cool.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)