Hi guys. I am spending #ThirstyThursday here in New York. It’s our last day, so I am hustling the kids around and squeezing in some last minute work stuff before we head back to Seattle tomorrow. But given the day of the week, I guess I am going to have to have a cocktail too… I am going out in search of something awesome that I can bring back to you for a future Thursday post!
IBut for today we have a Cherry Bramble. I know that a “bramble” is usually made with blackberries, so this drink name doesn’t actually make any sense. But it’s #ThirstyThursday, so we are just going to go ahead and look past that.
Basically, I took a Gin Blackberry Bramble and swapped out the berries for the last of this summer’s gorgeous cherries. This is the most simple and amazing summer drink if you are a gin lover.
Plus, it’s just so pretty!!! I feel like you should have friends over this weekend and roll out a platter of these- don’t you think?
Recipe: Cherry Gin Bramble
- 1/2 cup pitted fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces gin
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- soda water, chilled
- Divide cherries, mint leaves, and sugar between 2 glasses. Add the lime juice.
- Mash everything together with a muddler.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour in the gin and top with chilled soda water.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2