joy

Joy! Our Christmas Card.

IMG_0077.jpg

I realized that while I have the addresses for all of my family and my old friends, that I don’t have yours. And if a Christmas card is a nice way to let those that you care about know that you care about them, then of course I should be sending them to all of you too. So this is how I could do it. JOY. Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas. I love you guys.

JOY, our christmas card

I also love Christmas cards because you get to see how big everyone’s kids are getting. Pia turned (5) in September and Coco turned (3) 10 days ago. OMG. They are really so funny (Coco) and serious (Pia) and creative and clever!! Don’t all moms think that about their little kiddies? Sometimes I try to rock coco like she is a little baby and she is horrified by me. “I’m big!” or “I’m huge!” follows everything she says.

JOY, our christmas card

In case you might be curious, In an unprecedented turn of events, I have already managed to send out my Christmas Cards. For the record, this has NEVER happened before. To make matters clear, I am typically so late to this, that I have had to send them out for New Years before.

JOY, our christmas card JOY, our christmas card JOY, our christmas card

But this year, on a cold and rarely clear day a few weeks ago, I got a koo-koo idea, and asked the girls who are pretty much always dressed as they are in the photo to bare with me (and the cold) and come outside for a bit…

I unrolled a huge swath of paper and forced my poor children to lay on the paper covered concrete.

IMG_9608.jpg

I then barked: “DON”T MOVE!!!” and began to fast as a flash paint around them with some tempera paints. Guess what happened next? They both moved. All over the place and got paint in their hair, on their dresses. Pretty much everywhere.

JOY, our christmas card

I had wanted Mason to be in the picture too- but he didn’t fit. Even remotely. Plus, he would have been harder to get the paint off of.

Anyways- I thought in case some of you haven’t done your cards yet, that this idea could be helpful? IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!!

And then I just emailed it into an online card company. 5 days later I had my cards. Not bad huh!?

IMG_0077.jpg

1. Laura S. says:

Perfect.

2. CHRISTINE says:

WONDERFUL CARD! I LOVE IT! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL RECIPES THIS YEAR AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TOO! (INCLUDING MASON)

• That is so sweet of you Christine! Thank you so much :)

3. Angela Greene says:

Absolutely LOVE this idea! Could you BE more creative?!! Happy Holidays to you too!

4. Darling! And perfect angels too from the sound of it! What a fun idea.

• Oh thanks Abbe! Hardly perfect angels, but they are mine and I love them :)

I love this!!! It’s utterly adorable! But you simply must do one with Mason, even if you only post it online.

• haha! Ok- next dry day I will see if I can get him to lie on the paper!

6. What a beautiful card, Heather! I love the creative concept and, of course, the super cute subjects. :-) Our kids are exactly the same ages (although my youngest is a boy) – so fun, these little guys!

• Thanks Kathy! Aren’t they hilarious!? I feel like I should keep a running tab of all the things they say!

7. Julie says:

Aww, such cute litlle girls and one very creative Mama! Thanks for sharing.

8. And a Merry Christmas to you and yours, Heather. Thanks for sharing your recipes, ideas and family with us! You have a beautiful family and you should show them off at every opportunity.

9. Sarah says:

What a darling Christmas card! You are so creative, and your girls are adorable.

10. Such a great idea! Your girls are so precious. I’m sharing this on FB.

11. Marianne says:

One of the cutest cards I have ever seen!!!

12. Susan says:

I love it! You are right , the possibilies are endless with room for so much imagination. Great idea.

13. TidyMom says:

oh my heck how CUTE!!

Adorable Heather!

15. Adiya Brook says:

What a great idea! Happy Holidays to you and your family! thank you for your constant inspiration! ;)

16. Lori says:

where do you get paper that big…I so want to do this for my daughter this year

• Lori- I used photography paper. I also think you could use a double width of butcher paper.